California Brain & Spinal Injury Attorneys with 17 Years of Combined Experience
Brain and spinal injuries are among the most traumatic injuries. Each year, hundreds of thousands of victims are unexpectedly crippled by devastating and permanent injuries due to unfortunate accidents. Brain and spinal injuries, some of the most common forms of permanent disabilities caused by accidents, can be severe and life-altering. If you or a loved one has suffered from a brain or spinal injury due to the negligence of another, you may have legal recourse. Kourosh Pourmorady has over 17 years of experience representing the victims of spinal cord injuries and traumatic brain injuries. Kourosh Pourmorady can help you get your life back on track by fighting for your rights as a victim.
If you were involved in an accident that caused a brain or spinal injury, it is imperative that you seek the guidance of an attorney immediately. California limits the amount of time you have to file a personal injury claim. Kourosh Pourmorady, Attorney At Law can counsel you on how to proceed with your claim, including exploring your legal options and investigating your case. For a free case consultation with Kourosh Pourmorady, Attorney At Law, call (866) 666-6(LAW) today.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries can be life-changing and permanent. They can affect your ability to provide and care for yourself and your family. An accident may directly cause a traumatic brain injury or lead to a condition that causes a brain injury. Examples of brain injuries include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Intellectual disabilities
Spinal Cord Injuries
Spinal cord injuries often cause severe and debilitating pain, as well as restrictions of movement including paralysis. Because the spine is closely connected to other parts of the body, you may also experience issues with body parts such as your brain. Ailments commonly associated with spinal cord injuries include:
- Herniated or slipped discs
- Deteriorated discs
- Spinal stenosis
- Back pain
- Bladder/pelvic floor dysfunction
- And full or partial paralysis
Proving Your Case
A spinal cord injury or traumatic brain injury is often caused by the negligence of another. If the defendant has acted negligently, he or she will be liable for any damages that arise from the accident. At trial, the plaintiff must prove:
- The defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff. This duty will vary based on the relationship between the parties and the circumstances surrounding the accident. For example, a doctor’s duty of care to a patient is to treat within the bounds of widely accepted medical treatment.
- The defendant breached that duty. For instance, the doctor failed to respond to a medical emergency in a timely manner.
- The defendant’s breach caused the injury. For example, the defendant drove through a red light while intoxicated and collided with your car, causing you to be ejected from the driver’s seat.
- The plaintiff suffered injuries. Without injuries, you are not eligible for any damages.
In addition, you will need to present medical evidence to prove your case. This includes medical records that document your traumatic brain injury or spinal cord injury. You will also need to present testimony of expert medical witnesses. These witnesses will examine you, analyze your medical records, and testify at trial about the cause and extent of your injury. Only experts are qualified to testify about these issues. These issues involve complex medical information that requires education and training to understand and explain to a jury.
Forms of Compensation
You may be eligible for and should seek full compensation for your injuries. Depending on your case, damages can include:
- Economic damages for past and future medical expenses, past and future lost wages, and any rehabilitation or care expenses that are necessary given your injury.
- Emotional damages including pain and suffering, emotional distress, and loss of quality of life.
- Punitive damages, which are designed to punish the defendant and deter any future misconduct.
Explore Your Legal Options with Kourosh Pourmorady, Attorney At Law
Kourosh Pourmorady, Attorney At Law has a proven track record of success with handling traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injury cases in Los Angeles courts. Kourosh Pourmorady has served Los Angeles clients for 17 years. Unlike other law firms that assign unlicensed paralegals to cases, Kourosh Pourmorady, Attorney At Law provides only detailed and personalized representation by licensed and reputable attorneys. Contact Kourosh Pourmorady today at (866) 666-6529 to discuss your case.